!Hybrid Work Available!
Martin/Martin, Inc. is looking for a structural engineer to join our Structural Engineering Group in our Albuquerque, New Mexico office. This engineer will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of project types with many different structural materials. This position will primarily focus in the new building structural design market but may also include opportunities to gain experience in existing building analysis/renovation design.
A typical work week can include engineering calculations, drawing development, client meetings, Construction Administration tasks, site visits, and business development engagements. Projects are typically in the New Mexico and Rocky Mountain Region but can sometimes take us nationally, offering the opportunity to travel. This position allows for interactions with owners, architects, and contractors along with opportunities for marketing activities.
We operate in a dynamic environment and strive to support a culture that is collaborative, innovative, and creative. Each project presents unique challenges and opportunities to learn and grow as an engineer. The successful candidate will continue to develop their expertise in a broad range of structural engineering skills, demonstrate a willingness to learn, work as part of a team, and produce high-quality designs for our clients.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Manage a team of structural engineers and REVIT technicians to deliver high-quality projects from start of design through construction, meeting project budget and schedule constraints.
- Engage with clients as primary point of contact and collaborate with other Martin/Martin staff to provide exceptional engineering solutions.
- Oversee multiple projects with a wide variety of clients, regulators and authorities.
- Develop and implement project specific QA/QC plans.
- Act as a mentor and resource for less-experienced staff and assists with their career development.
- Assist Principal in Charge with preparation of project proposals by helping define scope to support fee development.
- Participate in the firm’s marketing effort to develop future clients and maintain current client relationships.
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- Ten years of progressive structural engineering design and experience.
- Project and team management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on Structures.
- Committed to client service and a team-based approach.
- Master’s degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on Structures.
- Twelve to fourteen years of progressive engineering experience.
- Strong management skills with technical staff on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Highly desirable to have a PE in the state of New Mexico.
COVID-19 full vaccination (as defined by the CDC) is required for new employees. Proof of vaccination (or a request for medical/religious exemption) shall be provided to HR one week prior to negotiated start date.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.