!Hybrid Work Available!
Will consider part-time
Martin/Martin, Inc. is looking for an experienced structural engineer to join our Lakewood, Colorado office. This engineer will have the opportunity for structural design throughout Colorado and national locations in markets such as healthcare, commercial, office, sports, entertainment, education, and residential.
The Project Engineer should possess good judgment in evaluation, selection, and implementation of standard structural design techniques, procedures, and criteria. The Project Engineer provides quality control by checking calculations and documents and meets project deadlines and design budgets. The Project Engineer manages and directs projects from early design through construction and develops rapport and confidence with clients through communication and quality engineering work. Martin/Martin is a leading structural engineering consulting firm in the region and is client-focused and employee-centered.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
The following duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Manages engineering and technician staff to complete projects.
- Completes thorough project documentation including narratives, reports, calculations, and drawings.
- Coordinates structural design scope in-house and with other consultants.
- Knowledge and use of computer design and graphics software, including use of AutoDesk Revit to produce Construction Documents.
- Develops, monitors, and manages project work plans, schedules, and design budgets.
- Develops and maintains client relationships through project work.
- Develops and implements project specific QA/QC plans.
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact with clients and contractors for their projects throughout design and construction.
- Acts as a mentor and resource for less-experienced staff and assists with their career development.
- Participates in internal production and technical committees or other special projects to advance the company’s production tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering with a Structural emphasis.
- Registered PE license in the State of Colorado or ability to obtain one within 3 months.
- Five years minimum of progressive structural design experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Professional Engineer -OR- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Professional Engineer and has passed 16-hour SE exam.
- Has successfully managed multiple projects and followed them through from start of design to completion of construction.
- Ability to meet quality and financial goals.
- Shows strong commitment to continued personal growth and development in all aspects of their work.
- Participating member of professional and/or technical society.
- Demonstrates skill and a positive attitude in completing difficult assignments.
- Demonstrates a willingness to take on additional work and responsibility.
- Two years’ experience as a Professional Engineer.
- Registered as a SE in Colorado or a state with equal or more restrictive requirements after passing the 16-hour exam.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Committed to client services and a team-based approach.
- Attention to detail, delivering quality work products, and excellent client services.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of clients, regulators, and authorities.
Full-time Salary Range: $84,000 – $98,000 Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level. Part-time salary will be adjusted.
COVID-19 full vaccination (as defined by the CDC) is required for new employees. Proof of vaccination shall be provided to HR one week prior to negotiated start date.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.