Martin/Martin, Inc. is looking for experienced structural engineers to join our architectural engineering design group in the Lakewood, Colorado office. The position will provide opportunities to design structures throughout Colorado and national locations in markets such as healthcare, commercial office, sports and entertainment, education, and residential. We are client focused and employee centered.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
The following duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Knowledge and use of computer design and graphics software.
- Completes design calculations for project components.
- Prepares details.
- Accomplishes reference research.
- Familiarizes self with products and construction procedures.
- Prepares and writes reports.
- Provides field observation during construction.
- Attends technical training seminars.
- Checks shop drawings and product submittals.
- Focuses on design of project components tasks assigned by the Project Manager.
- Provides quality-control check of one’s own work.
- Calculates and checks dimensions.
- Coordinates work of other disciplines.
- Asks lots of questions and proposes potential solutions.
- Works collaboratively with staff at Martin/Martin, Inc.
- Work overtime, when necessary.
- Has some communication with Clients, other team consultants, and contractors.
- Provides independent field observation during construction.
- Works to develop designs of more complex project components or overall design of simple projects.
- Learns provisions IBC, ASCE-7, and material-specific codes and how to apply them (Structural only).
- Completes tasks, as assigned by Project Manager.
- Designs small to medium size projects or individual systems on large complex projects.
- Coordinates, organizes, and checks complete projects between plan, details, notes, and specifications.
- Serves as a mentor and resource for EITs regarding design techniques, software, and code questions.
- Follows the QA/QC plan that is established for the project.
- When requested, assists the Project Manager with monitoring design budgets and project schedules, and communications with the Client.
- Mastering jurisdictional and material specific codes and how to apply them.
- Manages primarily their own work activities and those of technical and support staff.
- Learning role as a consultant and appropriate communications with our Client, Design Professionals, Contractor, Trade Sub-Contractors, and others in the project.
- Uses Revit Structure primarily for coordination and communication with a generalized detailing role on complex items. (Structural only)
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- BS plus a minimum of four years (or MS with a minimum of 3 years) of progressive civil or structural engineering experience.
- Instills confidence in Supervisors and Clients in communication and technical skills.
- Ability to design, detail, coordinate, and model small to medium size projects within time allotments and on or under project budgets as established by the Project Manager.
- Followed multiple engineering projects through from start of design to completion of construction.
- Demonstrates time management skills to plan and execute projects.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to continued personal growth and development in all aspects of their work.
- Participating member of professional and/or technical society.
- Regularly attends training to advance knowledge of consulting engineering practice.
- Registered as an SE in Colorado with equal or more restrictive requirements after passing the 16-hour exam.
- Highly desirable to have a PE in the state of home office.
Salary Range: $76,000 – $83,500 – Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level.