!Hybrid Work Available!
Martin/Martin, Inc. is looking for a structural engineer to join our Structural Engineering Group in our Albuquerque, New Mexico office. This engineer will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of project types with many different structural materials. This position will primarily focus in the new building structural design market but may also include opportunities to gain experience in existing building analysis/renovation design.
A typical work week can include engineering calculations, drawing development, client meetings, Construction Administration tasks, and site visits. Projects are typically in the New Mexico and Rocky Mountain Region but can sometimes take us nationally, offering the opportunity to travel. This position allows for interactions with owners, architects, and contractors along with opportunities for marketing activities.
We operate in a dynamic environment and strive to support a culture that is collaborative, innovative, and creative. Each project presents unique challenges and opportunities to learn and grow as an engineer. The successful candidate will develop expertise in a broad range of structural engineering skills, demonstrate a willingness to learn, work as part of a team, and produce high-quality designs for our clients.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Strong working knowledge of building and material codes and how to effectively apply them.
- Produce high-quality project documentation using computer design and graphics software programs.
- Assist Project Manager in construction administration tasks such as shop drawing review, performing field observations, and responding to Requests for Information.
- Actively participate in personal professional development through researching code requirements, asking insightful questions, completing reference research, and attending technical training seminars.
- Collaboratively engage with other Martin/Martin staff to provide exceptional engineering solutions for our clients.
- Develop rapport and confidence with Clients through excellent communication skills and quality engineering work.
- Develop project management skills under the guidance of a Project Manager.
- Assist with mentoring of less-experienced engineers.
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- BS plus a minimum of four years (or MS with a minimum of 3 years) of progressive structural engineering experience.
- Master’s degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on Structures.
- Instills confidence in communication and technical skills.
- Ability to design, detail, coordinate, and manage small to medium size projects within time allotments and within project budgets.
- Experience following multiple engineering projects from start of design through completion of construction.
- Demonstrates time management skills to plan and execute projects.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to continued personal growth and development in all aspects of their work.
- Participating member of professional and/or technical society.
- Regularly attends training to advance knowledge of consulting engineering practice.
- Highly desirable to have a PE in the state of New Mexico.
COVID-19 full vaccination (as defined by the CDC) is required for new employees. Proof of vaccination shall be provided to HR one week prior to negotiated start date
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.