Martin/Martin, Inc. is looking for an experienced structural engineer to join our Lakewood, Colorado. This engineer will have the opportunity for structural design on both local and national projects in markets such as healthcare, commercial, office, sports, entertainment, education, and residential.
The Professional Engineer should possess good judgment in evaluation, selection, and implementation of standard structural design techniques, procedures, and criteria. This Professional Engineer will design projects with minimal daily supervision and have the communication skills required to manage the flow of information on projects and work efficiently as a consultant. The Professional Engineer provides quality control by checking calculations and documents and meets project deadlines and design budgets under the direction of the Project Manager and Principal in Charge/Engineer of Record. Martin/Martin is the leading structural engineering consulting firm in the region and is client-focused and employee-centered.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
The following duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Strong working knowledge of building and material codes and how to effectively apply them.
- Knowledge and use of computer design and graphics software, including use of AutoDesk Revit to produce Construction Documents.
- Completes thorough project documentation including narratives, reports, calculations, and drawings.
- Provides quality-control check of work produced.
- Coordinates structural design with work of other disciplines.
- Provides project construction administration support including shop drawing review, responses to Requests for Information (RFIs), and field observations.
- Familiarizes self with products and construction procedures.
- Attends technical training seminars when opportunity is provided.
- Works collaboratively with staff at Martin/Martin, Inc.
- Works overtime, when necessary.
- Communicates effectively with clients, other team consultants, and contractors.
- Serves as a mentor and resource for less experienced staff regarding design techniques, software, and code questions.
- Assists Project Manager in the development and implementation of project specific QA/QC plans.
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- BS plus a minimum of four years (or MS with a minimum of 3 years) of progressive structural engineering experience.
- Master’s degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on Structures.
- Instills confidence in communication and technical skills.
- Ability to design, detail, coordinate, and model small to medium size projects within time allotments and within project budgets.
- Experience following multiple engineering projects from start of design through completion of construction.
- Demonstrates time management skills to plan and execute projects.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to continued personal growth and development in all aspects of their work.
- Participating member of professional and/or technical society.
- Regularly attends training to advance knowledge of consulting engineering practice.
- Highly desirable to be a registered Professional Engineer in the state of Colorado.
Salary Range: $74,000 – $86,000 Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.