Martin/Martin is interested in hiring an experienced technician to join the investigative Group in our Lakewood, Colorado office. The successful candidate will perform load testing, document existing conditions, and conduct level surveys. In addition to the above, the candidate will be trained in the operation of non-destructive testing equipment including; Ground Penetrating Radar, Electronic Leak Detection, Impact Echo, Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge, LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) Scanning, Thermal Imaging and Drone operation. The successful candidate will develop a high level of understanding of investigative and non-destructive testing methods on a wide range of building types. The position will involve approximately twenty to thirty hours per week on project sites documenting existing conditions or performing testing. The remaining time will be used developing 2-D and 3-D models and drawings using Revit. The position involves direct communication with owners, property managers and contractors along with opportunities for marketing and business development activities.
The successful candidate will join a collaborative team of engineers, architects and technicians working on the investigation and design of new and existing structures. Project types will span across multiple segments of design and range from small preliminary assessments to large complex repair projects. Our projects are predominately located in the Rocky Mountain Region with opportunities to work throughout the United States.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to compose reports, evaluate data and effectively communicate with clients
- Committed to client service and a team-based approach
- Capable of working from scaffolding and lifts at elevated heights
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology or Construction-Related field
- Experience in Non-Destructive Testing methods
- Comfortable working on active construction sites
- Revit literate in producing plan work, details, notes, and general editing
- Knowledge of construction standards and practices
- Drone Pilot Certification
- Demonstrates strong commitment to continued personal growth and development in all aspects of their work including involvement in industry organizations, developing technical proficiency and business development
- OSHA Training
- Minimum two years’ experience