!Hybrid Work Available!
Martin/Martin, Inc. is looking for a structural engineer to join our Structural Engineering Group in our Albuquerque, New Mexico office. This engineer will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of project types with many different structural materials. This position will primarily focus in the new building structural design market but may also include opportunities to gain experience in existing building analysis/renovation design.
A typical work week can include engineering calculations, drawing development, Construction Administration document review, and site visits. Projects are typically in the New Mexico and Rocky Mountain Region but can sometimes take us nationally, offering the opportunity to travel. This position allows for interactions with owners, architects, and contractors early in your career along with opportunities for marketing activities.
We operate in a dynamic environment and strive to support a culture that is collaborative, innovative, and creative. Each project presents unique challenges and opportunities to learn and grow as an engineer. The successful candidate will develop expertise in a broad range of structural engineering skills, demonstrate a willingness to learn, work as part of a team, and produce high-quality designs for our clients.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under the supervision of a licensed engineer to accomplish structural design calculations and tasks.
- Produce high-quality project documentation using computer design and graphics software programs.
- Actively participate in personal professional development through learning code requirements, asking lots of questions, completing reference research, and attending technical training seminars.
- Assist Project Manager in construction administration tasks such as shop drawing review, performing field observations, and responding to Requests for Information.
- Collaboratively engage with other Martin/Martin staff to provide exceptional engineering solutions for our clients.
- Build foundational engineering skills in order to prepare for licensure as a Professional Engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of progressive experience in structural engineering or master’s degree plus one year of progressive structural engineering experience
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner and instills confidence in their communication and technical abilities
- Has passed FE Examination
- Master’s degree in engineering from an ABET accredited engineering curriculum in Architectural, Civil, Structural, or related engineering field
- Knowledge of building and material design codes
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently for extended periods of time
- Strong written, technical, and interpersonal skills
- Committed to client service and a team-based approach
- Construction field experience
- Has been involved in at least one project from start of design through end of construction
- Can manage small projects through design
- Is competent with the computer programs used for analysis, graphics, and design
- Meets time budgets established by the Project Manager
- Instills confidence in supervisors/others, in personal abilities, communication, technical abilities and in work completed
- Participating member of technical or professional society
- Has the ability to work well with Project Managers and assists in coordination of tasks
- Developing knowledge of layout and assembling project drawings
- Increasing knowledge of common analysis and design skills, building codes, and jurisdiction requirements
- Regularly attends trainings to advance knowledge of consulting engineering practice
- Experience using Autodesk Revit to produce building construction documents
- Experience analyzing structures using RAM, SAP, ETABS, or RISA
- 2-4 years’ experience
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
COVID-19 full vaccination (as defined by the CDC) is required for new employees. Proof of vaccination shall be provided to HR one week prior to negotiated start date.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.