Martin/Martin has an opening for an entry-level position in the structural department in our Lakewood, Colorado office. The position will provide opportunities to design structures throughout the western regions and national locations in markets such as health care, commercial office, sports and entertainment, and education. Martin/Martin is the leading civil/structural engineering consulting firm in the region. We are client focused and employee centered. The EIT we are looking for must have a professional attitude, work well with others, and be a team player. They will possess strong verbal and written communication skills with a willingness to learn, be self-motivated, and be willing to work overtime when required.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
The following duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Knowledge and use of computer design and graphics software.
- Completes design calculations for project components.
- Prepares details.
- Accomplishes reference research.
- Familiarizes self with products and construction procedures.
- Prepares and writes reports.
- Provides field observation during construction.
- Attends technical training seminars.
- Studies and applies building code and/or jurisdictional requirements under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Checks shop drawings and product submittals.
- Focuses on design of project components tasks assigned by the Project Manager.
- Provides quality-control check of one’s own work.
- Calculates and checks dimensions.
- Coordinates work of other disciplines.
- Asks lots of questions and proposes potential solutions.
- Works collaboratively with staff at Martin/Martin.
- Works overtime, when necessary.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in engineering from an ABET accredited engineering curriculum in Architectural, Civil, Structural, or related engineering field
- Has passed FE Examination.
- Knowledge of building and material design codes
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently for extended periods of time
- Strong written, technical, and interpersonal skills
- Committed to client service and a team-based approach
- Experience using Autodesk Revit to produce building construction documents
- Experience analyzing structures using RAM, SAP, ETABS, or RISA
- Construction field experience
- 0-3 years’ experience
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
Salary Range: $60,000- $68,500 Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.