Martin/Martin is interested in hiring an experienced Architect to join our Existing Building Services Group in our Lakewood, Colorado office. The successful candidate will primarily work with our Building Envelope team having a wide array of responsibilities including; evaluating wall/roof performance, skin design, parametric modeling, thermal analysis and forensic evaluations. Working with the building envelope team, the candidate will develop a high level of knowledge for current wall systems and will work to develop improved solutions to problems in the rapidly changing building envelope field. The selected candidate can anticipate up to twenty hours per week on project sites performing observations, documenting construction and performing testing. The position involves direct communication with owners, property managers, and contractors along with marketing and business development activities.
The successful candidate will join a collaborative team of engineers, architects and technicians working to design and develop unique building envelope designs and to solve infiltration related issues on existing buildings. Project types will range from small residential to large commercial and institutional buildings. Our projects are predominately in the Rocky Mountain Region, but with opportunities to work throughout the United States and North America. See more about our team here.
Our office is located in Lakewood, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountains providing access to many year-round outdoor activities while still enjoying the befits of the Denver area. Additionally, our employees enjoy a wide array of benefits, see our careers homepage for a full list of our benefits and perks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Strong knowledge of building and design codes
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to continued personal growth and development in all aspects of their work including involvement in industry organizations, developing technical proficiency and business development.
- Ability to compose reports, evaluate data and effectively communicate with clients.
- Committed to client service and a team-based approach
- Four years of Architectural design experience preferred
- Experience in exterior wall and roof design
- Demonstrated ability to design, detail, coordinate, and model projects
- Revit literate in producing plan work, details, notes, and general editing
- Capable of working from scaffolding and lifts at elevated heights
- Knowledge of construction standards and practices