Martin/Martin has an opening for a Senior Bridge Design Engineer to join our Civil Engineering Department. The ideal candidate will have experience in design and inspection of highway and pedestrian bridge projects and knowledge of bridge/structural design analysis software including Conspan, RCPier, Risa 2D/3D, Lpile, and Midas. The candidate must have a high level of knowledge and experience in designing bridges to AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specification Codes, bridge inspection and rating in accordance with CDOT, FRA, and FHWA requirements. The successful candidate will have management and marketing skills for a growing bridge team.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage bridge design task assignments for the bridge team including preparation of design calculations, development of contract drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical and management aspects on multidisciplinary projects.
- Provide technical direction and on-the-job training to members of the bridge team.
- Ability to present their technical work and that of their team on the project.
- Lead an inspection team for completing bridge NBIS inspections and bridge load ratings in accordance with CDOT Bridge Rating Manual.
- Build client relationships, help identify business opportunities, and have client accountability.
- Computer modeling of complex structures.
- Coordination with other design disciplines.
- Participate in project meetings with clients, sub-consultants, and contractors as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a Structural Engineering focus.
- 10+ years of experience in progressive bridge design and rating.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Colorado or ability to obtain one within one year.
- Proficient with MicroStation, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Software and other general software.
- Experience designing structural steel bridges, precast prestressed concrete bridges, and drainage structures such as box culverts and large vaults and stilling basins.
- Highway and railway bridge inspection and rating skills.
- Understanding of structural engineering principles and the ability to utilize those skills to provide innovative solutions for complex structural engineering problems.
- Must possess excellent analytical, technical, and communicational (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced team environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with multiple priorities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail, delivering quality work products, and excellent client services.
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with Structural Engineering focus.
- Experience with structural analysis software packages including Midas, Bentley’s Conspan, and RCPier programs.
- Management and marketing of bridge design as part of large transportation infrastructure projects.
- Experience with completing railroad bridge load rating in accordance with FRA requirements.