!Hybrid Work Available!
Will consider part-time
Martin/Martin, Inc. is looking for a structural engineer to join our focused Concrete Repair and Parking Garage team within the Existing Building Services group in the Lakewood, Colorado office. Click here <video> to see what our team does while having fun at the same time.
We operate in a fast-paced environment and strive to support a culture that is collaborative, innovative, and creative. Each project presents unique challenges and opportunities to learn and grow as an engineer. The successful candidate will join a team that works on many interesting and challenging projects with a core market focus on the parking industry. A majority of their time will be working in the concrete repair for the parking garage restoration industry, a portion of your time will allow for miscellaneous cross-training experience within our Investigative Group services including building envelope, fall protection, non-destructive testing, and general investigations. They will develop expertise within the concrete industry as well as get experience designing structural steel, masonry, and wood framing for small to medium-sized projects.
Our group assists a large number of clients with long-term repair and maintenance of their facilities. Common project requirements will result in a variety of day-to- day tasks, including on-site investigations, report writing, designing of repairs, and CA oversight. The projects are local, regional, or national, offering the opportunity to travel to sites around the nation. Travel is typically for short periods of time (2-5 days per trip) to assess the structural conditions and develop repair documents. We use non-destructive testing to assist our investigations, perform complex repair design calculations, and detail repairs that are creative yet cost effective for our clients. The position allows for site visits during construction, interaction with owners’ property managers and contractors early in career, and your career advancement opportunities in a growing market sector.
Company benefits are plentiful and include compensation for more than 40 hours of work per week and opportunities for ownership. See more of our Benefits and Perks here. The office is located on the west side of Denver allowing for quick access to both the city and the mountains. Our staff typically spends less time in traffic and more time with family and friends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural, Civil, or Structural Engineering
- Currently registered as a Professional Engineer in Colorado or able to obtain certification within one year.
- Four years of progressive structural engineering experience
- Good knowledge of building and design codes
- Strong work ethic with excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently for extended periods of time
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to continued personal growth and development in all aspects of their work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Committed to client service and a team-based approach
- 3-8 years of progressive structural engineering experience
- Master’s degree in Architectural, Civil, or Structural Engineering
- Experience using Autodesk Revit to produce building construction documents
- Demonstrated ability to design, detail, coordinate, and model projects
- Experience in analyzing structures using SAP, ETABS, or RAM
- Completed several concrete design projects
Full-time Salary Range: $86,000-$90,000 Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level. Part-time salary will be adjusted.
COVID-19 full vaccination (as defined by the CDC) is required for new employees. Proof of vaccination shall be provided to HR one week prior to negotiated start date.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.