Martin/Martin is interested in hiring an experienced Architect or Engineer to join our Existing Building Services Group in our Lakewood, Colorado office. The successful candidate will primarily work with our Building Envelope team having a wide array of responsibilities including; evaluating wall/roof performance, skin design, thermal analysis, and forensic evaluations. Working with the building envelope team, the candidate will develop a high level of knowledge for current wall systems and will work to develop improved solutions to problems in the rapidly changing building envelope field. The selected candidate can anticipate up to twenty hours per week on project sites performing observations, documenting construction, and performing testing. The position involves direct communication with owners, property managers and contractors along with marketing and business development activities.
The successful candidate will join a collaborative team of engineers, architects, and technicians working to design and develop unique building enclosure solutions to address water infiltration related issues on existing buildings and to design new systems that meet the current Building Code requirements. Typical projects will result in a variety of day-to-day tasks, including on-site investigations, report writing, analysis, design, testing, and Construction Administration. Project types will range from small residential to large commercial or institutional buildings. Our projects are predominately in the Rocky Mountain Region, but with opportunities to work throughout the United States and North America.
Company benefits are plentiful and include compensation for more than 40 hours of work per week and opportunities for ownership. See more of our Benefits and Perks here. Our office is located in Lakewood, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountains providing access to many year-round outdoor activities while still enjoying the befits of the Denver area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Structural, or Civil Engineering
- Three years of progressive Architectural or Structural engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of building and design codes
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently for extended periods of time
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to continued personal growth and development in all aspects of their work including involvement in industry organizations, developing technical proficiency and business development.
- Ability to compose reports, evaluate data, and effectively communicate with clients.
- Committed to client service and a team-based approach
- Three to six years of Architectural or Structural design experience preferred
- Experience in exterior enclosure analysis using WUFI and Therm
- Demonstrated ability to design, detail, coordinate, and model projects
- Revit literate in producing plan work, details, notes, and general editing
- Capable of working from scaffolding and lifts at elevated heights.
- Knowledge of construction standards and practices.