Martin/Martin, Inc. is looking for a structural engineer to join our focused Concrete Repair and Parking Garage team within the Existing Building Services group in the Larkspur, California office. Click here to see what our team does while having fun at the same time.
We operate in a fast-paced environment and strive to support a culture that is collaborative, innovative, and creative. Each project presents unique challenges and opportunities to learn and grow as an engineer. The successful candidate will join a team that works on many thought-provoking projects with a core market focus on the parking industry. He/she will develop expertise within the concrete industry as well as be exposed to structural steel, masonry, and wood construction for small to medium-sized projects.
Our group serves several institutional clients needing help with long-term repair and maintenance of their facilities. The projects will be local, regional, or national offering the opportunity to travel to sites around the nation from California to New Orleans to several Midwest cities and other locations in between. Travel is typically for short periods of time (2-5 days per trip for a max of 2 trips per month) to assess the structural conditions and develop repair documents. We use non-destructive testing to assist our investigations, perform complex repair design calculations, and detail repairs that are creative yet cost-effective for our clients. The position allows for site visits during construction, interaction with owners’ property managers and contractors early in career, and career advancement opportunities in a growing market sector.
Company benefits are plentiful and include payment options for more than 40 hours of work per week, 401k match and profit sharing (when appropriate), employer-paid healthcare options, flextime, short-term and long-term disability, and opportunities for ownership. See more of our Benefits and Perks here.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural, Civil, or Structural Engineering
- EIT certification or currently registered as a Professional Engineer in California
- 2 years of progressive structural engineering experience
- Good knowledge of building and design codes
- Strong work ethic with excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently for extended periods of time
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to continued personal growth and development in all aspects of their work
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Committed to client service and a team-based approach
- 3-8 years of progressive structural engineer experience
- Master’s degree in Architectural, Civil, or Structural Engineering
- Experience using Autodesk Revit to produce building construction documents
- Demonstrated ability to design, detail, coordinate, and model projects
- Experience in analyzing structures using SAP, ETABS, or RAM
- Completed several concrete design projects