The IT Support Technician II is a tier 2 position that supports all computer-related functions at Martin/Martin. The IT Support Technician II performs a variety of duties including, but not limited to, computer troubleshooting in an office environment that includes desktop/portable and remote devices, all peripheral devices, application and enterprise system support; troubleshooting all computer hardware and software issues; performs computer repairs; installation and configuration of standard business and engineering software.
This position expands on the IT Support Technician I position by adding additional technical roles, while also demonstrating an ability to use independent decision making and initiative to solve complex problems. This involves providing advanced troubleshooting skills and determining best practices and standard computing procedures. The position recommends and initiates process improvements to maximize operational efficiency.
Examples of Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Create and maintain master images for each department.
- Maintains configuration baselines.
- Works with IT Manager on configuration management.
- Performs installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of user desktops/laptops, printers, and peripheral devices.
- Re-Images desktops and migrates customer data to new equipment.
- Assists with office telephone support/training
- Monitors service desk incidents and service requests. Verifies issues are handled promptly.
- Providing advanced support to users and ticket escalations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five or more years in an IT support role
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Pay Range: $55k – 70k Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level.