Martin/Martin, Inc. is seeking a Survey Crew Chief to join our survey team in our Lakewood, Colorado office. The position will include ALTA surveys, boundary surveys, design surveys, building monitoring and construction staking. Most work is in the Denver Metro area, but occasional travel may be required. Martin/Martin is a leading civil and structural engineering consulting firm that is client focused and employee centered.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Takes charge in field of boundary, location, topo, construction, control, and specialized surveys.
- Returns comprehensive field notes and written history of field survey to office.
- Reviews final drawings produced by Survey Technicians to ensure drawing is complete and accurate.
- Performs calculations necessary for construction staking and boundary analysis.
- Trains and supervises crew members.
- Graduation from High School or G.E.D. equivalent
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License and violation record acceptable to the companies’ Auto Insurance carrier
- Ability to drive both short and long distances
- Four years field experience in position of instrument person / crew chief
- Working knowledge of algebra, trigonometry, geometry, and geodetic control procedures
- Thorough knowledge of field practice and theory
- Good working knowledge of general surveying principles and standards
- Familiarity with equipment and methods
- Experience with Trimble GPS/Robotic equipment using Trimble Access software
- Mastery of mathematics and geometry skills
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree in survey or civil engineering technology
- Land Surveyor Intern (LSI)
- Professional Land Surveyors license (PLS)
Salary Range: $67,500 – $81,500 Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including: experience, education, and skill level.
COVID-19 full vaccination (as defined by the CDC) is required for new employees. Proof of vaccination shall be provided to HR one week prior to negotiated start date
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.