Martin/Martin has an opening for a progressing entry-level position in the Civil department in our Lakewood, Colorado office. This position will provide opportunities for civil design throughout the Front Range of Colorado and national locations. This position begins working independently with minimal supervision to performs assignments designed to develop professional engineering knowledge and abilities in the office and field. EIT II requires the application of traditional and some non-traditional engineering techniques and procedures. EIT II produces work using engineering software and models to develop the contract document drawings, requiring some judgment exercised on details of projects, while working closely with a Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
The following duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Knowledge and use of computer design and graphics software.
- Completes design calculations for project components.
- Prepares details.
- Accomplishes reference research.
- Familiarizes self with products and construction procedures.
- Prepares and writes reports.
- Provides field observation during construction.
- Attends technical training seminars.
- Studies and applies building code and/or jurisdictional requirements under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Checks shop drawings and product submittals.
- Focuses on design of project components tasks assigned by the Project Manager.
- Provides quality-control check of one’s own work.
- Calculates and checks dimensions.
- Coordinates work of other disciplines.
- Asks lots of questions and proposes potential solutions.
- Works collaboratively with staff at Martin/Martin, Inc.
- Work overtime, when necessary.
- Has some communication with Clients, other team consultants, and contractors.
- Provides independent field observation during construction.
- Works to develop designs of more complex project components or overall design of simple projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering plus two years of progressive experience.
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner and instills confidence in their communication and technical abilities
- Has passed FE Examination
- Knowledge of building and material design codes
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently for extended periods of time
- Strong written, technical, and interpersonal skills
- Committed to client service and a team-based approach
- Construction field experience
- Has been involved in at least one project from start of design through end of construction.
- Can manage small projects through design
- Is competent with the computer programs used for analysis, graphics, and design
- Meets time budgets established by the Project Manager
- Instills confidence in supervisors/others, in personal abilities, communication, technical abilities and in work completed
- Participating member of technical or professional society
- Has the ability to work well with Project Managers and assists in coordination of tasks
- Developing knowledge of layout and assembling project drawings
- Increasing knowledge of common analysis and design skills, building codes, and jurisdiction requirements
- Regularly attends trainings to advance knowledge of consulting engineering practice
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Knowledge of general civil engineering design criteria
- 2-4 years’ experience
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
Salary Range: $68,000 – $73,000 Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including experience, education, and skill level.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.