Martin/Martin, Inc. is seeking self-motivated Designer to join our Civil Engineering Department in our Lakewood, Colorado office. The position provides diverse opportunities to work on water and sanitary utilities as a primary focus as well as transportation, water/wastewater, site development, municipal, and federal projects. Martin/Martin is a leading civil and structural engineering consulting firm that is client focused and employee centered.
- Conduct general project drafting
- Establishing base files for projects
- Creating 3D surfaces
- Creating profiles (utilities, roadway, alignments, pipe networks, layouts, and modifications)
- Candidate should have ability to become proficient with grading and ability to use Civil 3D grading tools
- Ability to work with multiple CAD standards – Martin/Martin, Denver Water, Municipalities
- Critiques and trains entry-level engineers/CAD operators and possess excellent communication skills
- Assists engineers as a para-Design Professional working with the model and developing drawings.
- Evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria on projects.
- Utilizes design and construction document knowledge along with field experience in the preparation of construction documents.
- Completes work with only basic verbal direction.
- Manages production of the contract documents.
- Writes narratives for model and drawing revisions.
- Serves as a resource for technical staff.
- Represents Department at model coordination meetings.
- Communicates with other department, company, and client personnel in a professional manner.
- Master level experience with AutoCAD – Civil 3D.
- Minimum 14 – 16 years of directly related equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, organizational, and written skills.
- Graduation from an accredited design technology/drafting program or Associate’s degree. Equivalent industry-related experience will be considered.
- Experience developing models from Client’s initial models and skilled in development of associated drawings.
- Advanced knowledge of drawing layout and assembly.
- Working with Denver Water Standards and several local municipality standards
- Advanced knowledge of components and systems being designed and how they are constructed.
- Experience assisting project managers in estimating time for budgeting of modeling/drafting tasks.
- Ability to communicate design issues with design team/jurisdiction, understands local agency requirements, and ability to take a project from initial planning through construction documents.
Salary Range: $71,573 – $77,215 Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including experience, education, and skill level.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.