Martin/Martin, Inc. is seeking self-motivated Designer to join our Civil Engineering Department in our Lakewood, Colorado office. The position provides diverse opportunities to work on water and sanitary utilities as a primary focus as well as transportation, water/wastewater, site development, municipal, and federal projects. Martin/Martin is a leading civil and structural engineering consulting firm that is client focused and employee centered.
- Conduct general project drafting
- Establishing base files for projects
- Creating 3D surfaces
- Creating profiles (utilities, roadway, alignments, pipe networks, layouts, and modifications)
- Candidate should have ability to become proficient with grading and ability to use Civil 3D grading tools
- Ability to work with multiple CAD standards – Martin/Martin, Denver Water, Municipalities
- Critiques and trains entry-level engineers/CAD operators and possess excellent communication skills
- Assists engineers as a para-Design Professional working with the model and developing drawings.
- Evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria on projects.
- Utilizes design and construction document knowledge along with field experience in the preparation of construction documents.
- Completes work with only basic verbal direction.
- Manages production of the contract documents.
- Writes narratives for model and drawing revisions.
- Serves as a resource for technical staff.
- Represents Department at model coordination meetings.
- Communicates with other department, company, and client personnel in a professional manner.
- Master level experience with AutoCAD – Civil 3D.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, organizational, and written skills.
- Graduation from an accredited design technology/drafting program or Associate’s degree. Equivalent industry-related experience will be considered.
- Minimum 14 – 16 years of directly related equivalent experience.
- Experience developing models from Client’s initial models and skilled in development of associated drawings.
- Advanced knowledge of drawing layout and assembly.
- Working with Denver Water Standards and several local municipality standards
- Advanced knowledge of components and systems being designed and how they are constructed.
- Experience assisting project managers in estimating time for budgeting of modeling/drafting tasks.
- Ability to communicate design issues with design team/jurisdiction, understands local agency requirements, and ability to take a project from initial planning through construction documents.
$71,573 – $77,215 Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon compensable factors, including experience, education, and skill level.