Martin/Martin is interested in hiring an Engineer to join our Existing Building Services Group in our Lakewood, Colorado office. The successful candidate will primarily work with our Building Envelope Team having a wide array of responsibilities including: site observations of existing wall systems, evaluating wall/roof performance, thermal analysis, and generating designs. Working with the Building Envelope Team, the candidate will develop a high level of understanding of current industry standards and work to develop improved solutions in the rapidly changing building envelope market. The position will involve ten to twenty hours per week on project sites observing existing conditions, documenting construction, and performing testing. The position involves direct communication with owners, property managers, and contractors along with opportunities for marketing and business development activities.
The successful candidate will join a collaborative team of engineers, architects, and technicians working to solve water intrusion issues on existing buildings and to develop unique building envelope solutions. Project types will range from small residential to large commercial and institutional buildings. Our projects are predominately located in the Rocky Mountain Region, but with opportunities to work throughout the United States.
Our office is located in Lakewood, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountains providing access to many year-round outdoor activities. Additionally, our employees enjoy a wide array of benefits found on our website’s career homepage.
Learn more about our Building Envelope Team by clicking here!
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Strong knowledge of building and design codes
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to continued personal growth and development in all aspects of their work including involvement in industry organizations, developing technical proficiency and business development
- Ability to compose reports, evaluate data and effectively communicate with clients
- Committed to client service and a team-based approach
- Two to four years of design experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to design, detail, coordinate, and model projects
- Revit literate in producing plan work, details, notes, and general editing
- Capable of working from scaffolding and lifts at elevated heights
- Knowledge of construction standards and practices