Construction Engineering Services
Martin/Martin formed the Construction Engineering Services (CES) Team to serve our contractor partners and bring value to our projects with expanded involvement during the construction phase. The CES Team can assist with a contractor’s on-site engineering needs and provide a variety of specialty engineering services. We also produce enhanced fabrication drawings that help eliminate much of the typical shop drawing process fragmentation and result in faster delivery, cost savings, better quality and fewer RFI’s.
Reinforcing Steel Fabrication/Placing Drawings
- Schedule – The CES team can begin detailing rebar within the structural Revit model during design on Martin/Martin designed projects. We can deliver designer-approved shop drawings shortly after the design team issues construction documents, shortening the rebar delivery schedule by weeks.
- Cost Savings – Improved splice location layout and a better understanding of contract documents result in less waste and material savings.
Cold Formed Steel Design and Shop Drawings
- Panelized: Finished or Unfinished Panels – Expertise designing framing and producing precise fabrication drawings for complex panelized projects.
- Stick Framed – Quality design and shop drawings result in fewer field issues.
Structural Steel Design-Assist
- Accelerate detailing, fabrication and erection schedule; reduce materials and erection costs; and simplify coordination by involving the steel fabricator and CES early on.
Steel Connection Design
- Martin/Martin understands the detailing and fabrication process. We have addressed a variety of connection types for projects with unique requirements: longspan trusses, high seismic systems, and blast and progressive collapse resistance in new construction and retrofit applications.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Coordination
- Martin/Martin can model new or existing buildings in Revit or Microstation and provide coordination and clash detection among disciplines.
- We support steel erectors in developing erection schemes that are safe, economical and meet schedule needs.
Curtain Wall Design
- Martin/Martin provides design of aluminum mullions/reinforcement and structural connections for traditional and custom curtain wall systems.
Excavation and Temporary Shoring
- Temporary shoring for early backfill of foundation walls
- Shoring for temporary construction conditions
Tower Crane/Material Hoist/Concrete Pump Foundations
- Temporary equipment support based on contractor needs and site constraints